We cordially invite you to our next 8 Hour Kirtan which will be taking place on the 2nd January 2016. Join us for this simple yet powerful start to the New Year!
Kirtan will start at noon and go on till 8pm which a sumptuous lunch during the event and light dinner served afterwards.
Please join us if you can in our attempt to start the new year on a joyful and auspicious ‘note’!.
On Monday 21st December, we are celebrating the supremely auspicious day of Gita Jayanti, the anniversary of the day that Lord Krishna spoke the Bhagavad Gita to His dear devotee, Arjuna.
To mark the occasion, we will be holding a special program at the temple, in which we will recite the entire Bhagavad Gita! By hearing this ‘Song of God’, we will become completely purified and enlightened.
Since Krishna and his words are non-different, just by hearing and reciting the Bhagavad Gita, we are directly associating with the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself!
The program will commence at 5pm and the recitation will continue til 8pm, after which we will serve some light prasadam (refreshments).
Please come along and take full advantage of this great festival! P.s please bring your Bhagavad Gita if you have one!
We are delighted to apprise you of 'The Guru & Disciple' seminar presented by His Grace Kripamoya Das, based on his newly published book - "The Guru & Disciple Book", now available on Amazon
You can read about this new book on his popular website: www.deshika.wordpress.com
His Grace is a disciple of His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada and an Initiating ISKCON Guru. He has been serving at Bhaktivedanta Manor for many decades in different capacities from guiding the strategy of initiation policy, managing the outreach of Namahatta centres and being a respected member of the UK Management Council. He is also a renowned lecturer at Bhaktivedanta College.
It is a two part seminar, each lasting 3 hours, leaving plenty of room for Q&A. The venue for the place will be our own centre -
- ISKCON Newcastle, 304 Westgate Road, NE4 6AR
Date: 21st November 2015 Saturday
- Part I - 10am - 1pm
- Part II - 4pm - 7pm
Free vegetarian lunch will be provided. We will conclude the seminar at 7pm.
Please book your place as soon as possible by emailing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a presentation suitable for all - both aspiring initiates and already initiated persons.
Kripamoya Prabhu will also be giving the evening Bhavagad Gita class on Friday evening (20/11/15) and be speaking at the Sunday Love Feast (22/11/15).
We are eager and pleased to cordially invite you to our
Jagannath Yatra procession, taking place on the 17th of October 2015, Saturday.
This is to commence at 3 pm from our temple which is located at
304 Westgate Road,
and will move towards the core of the city only to conclude full circle, a la the temple.
We are also delighted to apprise you of His Holiness Janananda Goswami‘s presence to grace us all at this celebration.
Kindly find attached herein our poster advertising the same. We’d be immensely grateful for your extending of the invite and even more so if you joined and participated with us on this joyous occasion.
During the World Holy Name Week, devotees from ISKCON Newcastle (Dhananjaya das, Saraswati dd, Caitanya Vallabha das, Jagannathesvari dd, and Vasheel prabhu) attended the 1st Northeast Yoga Mala Festival at Northumbria University.
Yoga teachers and practioners from all over the northeast came together to perform a ‘Yoga mala’ (108 Surya Namaskaras). The event, which took about 3 hours, was performed for charity and was attended by about 50 people.
The exciting part is that the devotees were invited to perform Kirtan Yoga after the Yoga Mala. They sang ‘Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya’, ‘Govinda Jaya Jaya’ and of course, finished with the ‘Hare Krishna Maha Mantra’!
For many of the attendees, this was their first experience of Kirtan (there was even a 4 month old baby, who danced in his own way!), and the response was amazing! Many danced, everyone sang and clapped, and at least 2 people professed that the Maha Mantra brought tears to their eyes!
After the kirtan, devotees sold books, cds and incense from the book table and got many contacts from people who wanted to host the devotees for more kirtan yoga programs in the future!
World Holy Name Week starting from 24th Sept to 4th Oct 2015
Please visit www.worldholynameweek.com
16 Ideas for Making Your WHNW Great!
1. Nagar Sankirtan – Harinaam processions with WHNW and mahamantra banners.
2. 24 hours and/or 12 hours Sankirtan yajna – Non-stop kirtan for 24/12 hours.
3. Japathon – Pledges from devotees and congregation to chant extra rounds during this period.
4. Morning Bhagvatam class on Holy names as the theme– Morning Bhagvatam classes emphasizing on glories and importance of Holy Names.
5. Japa Seminars – Seminars on japa related topics e.g japa reform, 10 offenses, types of japa etc
6. Update your temple website with features of WHNW and your events.
7. Sunday feast lectures/ dramas/Street Plays on Holy Names – Presentations based on importance of Holy names and related topics.
8. Japa Booth– Putting a table with beads and pamphlets in the temple for whole week encouraging new comers to get the beads and chant.
9. Inter Faith events – Invite other religions/faiths for Kirtans and other Holy Name related events.
10. Radio Shows – – Broadcasting Hare Krishna Kirtans, especially Srila Prabhupada dhun on radio.
11. Holy Name walks – Padyatras to nearby towns and villages to distribute holynames, prabhupada books and Prasad. The walks should be 3 days, a week or even 10 days! There should be kirtan along with the Padyatra.
12. Harinaam concerts– Arrange Harinaam concerts (Kirtan in different styles and with musical instruments) for public.
13. Banners – Post Hare krishna mahamantra and WHNW banners/hoardings throughout the city/town/villages.
14. Giftshop Sale – Special discount on Kirtan/bhajan CD’s/DVD’s during this period
15. Harinam Rathcart – H.H. Jayapataka Swami Maharaja expressed that we can gather more devotees together to chant Hare Krishna if we utilize a Harinam Rathacart. Just like many people are attracted to Jagananatha Rathayatra, and enjoy pulling the cart and serving the Lord, similarly, people will be attracted to pulling a cart with Harinam Prabhu on the cart. We can worship Harinam Prabhu in the form the Hare Krishna Maha Mantra in printed form. The sixteen words of the mahamantra can be placed up on the Rathcart. We can offer arotik, and flowers. People throughout the route of the procession can benefit by hearing the Hare Krishna Maha Mantra, and also seeing the beautiful form of the letters of the Hare Krishna Maha Mantra.
16. Kirtan Mela – We are indeed fortunate that a new wave of enthusiasm for kirtan is sweeping the planet in the form of Kirtan Mela. H.H. Sacinandan Swami Maharaja first hosted Kirtan Mela in Germany in 2010. Since that time, Kirtan Mela has become a regular feature of the Mayapur Festival. Devotees come from all over the world to participate. The most accomplished and recognized kirtaniyas are giving the opportunity to serve the devotees by chanting according to a well organized schedule. The kirtan mela may be a one day event, or as is often the case as a recent successful kirtan mela in Mumbai, for several days.
We cordially invite you to the next 8 Hour Kirtan taking place on the 25th of July 2015, Saturday. The Kirtan will start at noon and go on till 8pm with a sumptuous feast served at lunchtime followed by a light dinner after the program.
Last month we had a very intimate 8 Hour Kirtan with the sweet mellows of chanting and ecstatic dancing. We would like to thank all of the devotees who attended and without whose presence such a nice program would never have taken place. We appreciate your contributions to making this event possible.
We are now approaching the last weekend of the month and that brings us to our monthly 8 Hour Kirtan program which is taking place on the 27th of June 2015. Kirtan will start at noon and go on till 8pm. Lunch will be served during the program followed by a light dinner after the Kirtan.
As they say, ‘the more the merrier’ so we kindly request all of you to bless us with your presence and join us for some ecstatic singing and dancing during this auspicious month of purusottama.
We are also very fortunate to have HG Krishna Kripa prabhu and HG Caitanya Candrodaya prabhu gracing us with their presence.
Please join us if you can in our attempts to glorify Their Lordships Sri Sri Panca Tattva